This is “Weather or Not,” the personal blog for atmospheric scientist, severe storm enthusiast, storm photographer, football fan, and family man Roger Edwards. For more information about me see my bio or vitae, on separate pages. My photo gallery is online at skypix.ws.
This blog will contain musings on a variety of topics, most commonly professional meteorology, storm observing (spotting and chasing), football, sociopolitics, photography and general science. I may be a meteorologist and storm connoisseur, but my interests lie in all manner of topics; hence, Weather or Not! You never know what to expect on any given day, except for one thing: unrestrained honesty. I’ll try to keep posts relatively brief, compared to some of my full-blown essays anyway. To view more lengthy editorials that I have composed, see Roger’s Rants.
Open, frank, intelligent and well written discourse and dialogue, whether or not you agree with me, is the reason for this blog. My writing style can be quite entertaining at times, or so I am told: sometimes humorous, sometimes pleonastic, but also, blunt, direct, hyperbolic and polemic, which may offend some people. Such is life. Remember:
- Attacking the idea is absolutely, positively not the same as attacking the person. Period. If you are too immature to understand the difference, please go elsewhere.
- Nobody forced you to read my blog. You are doing so entirely of your own free will, and by doing so, you accept without blame any resultant impacts. Have a thick skin; you’ll need it at times!
I do reserve the right to remove any of the following, and block the login of anyone who tries these:
- SPAM (this includes commercial advertising of any sort, for any reason, without my prior approval) or links thereto.
- Porn or links to porn sites
- Hate (including racism, personal flames, etc.) or links to hate sites
- Threats to anyone, for any reason
- Posts riddled with bad grammar, spelling, punctuation or usage, or horribly organized nonsense. I will not subject readers of this blog to time wasted trying to decipher such garbage.
- Comments sent under bogus e-mail addresses. Cowardly weaklings who won’t stand behind their ideas aren’t worth my time…or the reader’s!
DISCLAIMER: All views I express here are mine. They do not reflect the views of my unnamed employer, its parent agency or anyone else in particular. If you have problems with my message, have the guts to address them directly to me, not to my co-workers, supervisors, friends, relatives or neighbors…none of whom have any control over what I write on my own time and equipment (re: First Amendment).
Now that the disclaimers and warnings are out of the way, let’s rock and roll!